Do you have a favorite thing to eat for lunch that you are perhaps secretly ashamed of, because you think other people would take one look and say, "Eww, gross!" or "I can't believe you're eating that!"
1. What I had today: "Dip Spinach." You've heard of spinach dip, which is an attempt to make a cream-cheese-garlic-and-parmesan base vaguely like a vegetable? This is my attempt to make a vegetable vaguely like a cream-cheese-garlic-and-parmesan base. I heat up a box of frozen spinach, drain it well, and then add yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and shredded parmesan cheese. (If I have any cream cheese or goat cheese, that goes in there too). Moosh it all up, possibly heat it up some more, and eat it with a spoon. Though if you happen to have some pumpernickel toast, erm, yummmmm.
2. "The First Solid Food I Ever Ate:" A big bowl of cottage cheese topped with applesauce from a jar and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, any day of the week, and I think it would take me a really long time to get tired of it.
3. "Weird Muesli:" This is vaguely adapted from one Hannah admitted to eating as a child: Chopped green apple, raw oats, and pecans with buttermilk or plain yogurt poured all over. If I happen to have some crispy cereal to sprinkle on top for a little crunch, so much the better.
4. "Salsa Tuna:" Tuna, a dab of mayo, some hot salsa (preferably imported Mexican salsa verde), and shredded cheddar cheese, mooshed up in a bowl and microwaved until bubbly hot. I admit to making this dish with sardines a couple of times, too.
5. "Fake Caesar Salad," a.k.a. "I'm Too Much Of A Food Snob Just To Go Out And Buy A Bottle Of So-Called Caesar Dressing Salad:" Romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Worcester sauce, and Thai fish sauce. With a poached egg on top.